If you've ever taken one of our course on Udemy, you may be wondering how the Maven Analytics platform is different, and whether or not a subscription is worth it.
While you'll find much of the same course content on both Udemy and Maven, there are some important differences between platforms:
- The Maven platform is an ALL-ACCESS subscription model, which includes our entire library of Excel, SQL, Power BI, and Tableau courses. For students looking to explore multiple courses, this is typically more cost-effective than purchasing them individually.
- Maven is a guided learning platform, which means that we offer curated learning paths (BI Analyst, Data Visualization, Excel Specialist, etc.), personalized learning plans and recommendations, and live instructor support and career coaching.
- Maven includes resources and learning tools that you won't find on Udemy, including graded skills assessments, private student dashboards, digital badges & credentials, free practice data sets, and much more.
- Maven memberships include direct access to the actual course instructors (Chris, Aaron, John, Dustin, etc.), while Udemy support is managed by teaching assistants (TAs).
- Maven includes exclusive content and courses which will never be released on Udemy or anywhere else (career coaching, interview prep, certification prep, etc.).
- Maven includes Team Training and Enterprise options for group training, with tools to manage users, issue assignments and deadlines, and track team progress in real time.
Not sure if Maven is right for you? Sign up for a free account (no credit card required), and give the platform a try before committing to a paid membership!
Questions? Reach out or send us a chat -- we'd be happy to help!